My Monday morning Bible Study group loves to have potluck brunches on special occasions. These are probably my favorite days because my friends know how to cook!
Today I made a Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad that was wonderful, and I’d love to share it with you. Honestly, I loved it so much I made a second batch for my lunch!
Easy and healthy- my kind of food! Edit
Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad
- 3 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Pinch of salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup toasted bread crumbs
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add kale and Parmesan (and bread crumbs, if using), and toss until the kale is evenly coated. Massage the dressing into the kale with your fingers for extra minutes or two until the kale is soft and dark green. Serve immediately.
- Omit breadcrumbs.
- Use 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1/2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar.
- Top salad with thinly sliced red onion.
I’m always interested in salad recipes so if you have a favorite, I’d love to have the recipe!