I think what makes this entry difficult to write is because I’m not finished. I feel as though I’m just starting my transformation story. So to sit down to document my journey seems inadequate.
But I need to start somewhere, so I’ll start at the beginning and update as I need.
So here we go!
This is me at my heaviest (well, not counting the glorious heavy weight during pregnancies)
I was on the basketball team in college (I was the only bench-warmer on the team of a small Christian college which means I’m not good at basketball, so never ask me to play). I was active, but didn’t make wise food choices at the cafeteria. This photo was taken in 2005.
getting married in 2006
- three kids (2009, 2011, 2013)
- super-duper bad morning sickness
- new job for hubby, which also meant relocating
- started doing the 21 Day Fix in the summer of 2014
And this is me in the fall of 2014. 40 pounds lighter, and a lot more knowledgable on how to treat my body.
Things I’ve learned along the way.
- Get the food your body needs to be fueled
- Move everyday (workout at least 30 minutes)
- Muscle is needed to help maintaining healthy weight
- Pick a plan, and follow it
I absolutely LOVE the way I look. But not only the outside has changed, the inside has as well. I have gained confidence, I’m off anti-depressants, I feel sexy for my husband, I am more active with my kids, and I’m teaching them out to be healthier.
It took a lot of hard work, but it was worth it.